Tuesday, November 20, 2007

:: OMURICE ::

Today my older sister didn't have dinner at home. At first, I think to have elbow macaroni as dinner. But without my sister and her BF for dinner, it means it's only me and my youngest sister. Somehow, I have a taste of Omurice (Omelet Rice). Honestly I never try this but as I saw the picture on the recipe, it looks so good.

At first, I'm kind of questioning the ingredients. It's too simple. But it turns out really good. I can eat a lot of this. If I have kids, I will definitely prepare this for their lunch box. It's so fun yet so delicious. Love it and definitely I will make this often.

Omurice (Omelet Rice)

(for 2 servings)

Ingredients:
1/2 carrot, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red/green/yellow bell pepper, diced
80 gram smoked ham, diced
100 gram crab stick, diced
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 eggs
2 cups steamed rice
1 tsp extra virgin oil (EVO)

Directions:

1. In a bowl, mix tomato sauce with Worcestershire sauce
2. Preheat the saucepan and add EVO
3. Add all diced ingredients and saute for 2 minutes. Then reduce the heat to half
4. Add the rice and mixed sauce. Stir it for another minute.
5. Turn off the heat.
6. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt
7. Heat a frying pan and add some oil. Pour egg in the frying pan. Then spread the egg and make it thin round omelet
8. Repeat the step for another 2 eggs.
9. Place the omelet into a small deep bowl.
10. Then add the rice into the bowl. then wrap it with the rest of the omelet.
11. Place a plate on the top of the bowl and turn it upside down then remove the bowl.
12. Make a cross cut on the middle of omelet and add some tomato sauce on the top of it

No comments: