Wednesday, November 21, 2007

OaTm3aL cHocOLaTe cHiP mUFfin


Yesterday, my friend Lely sent me the pictures we took when she came over to my apt. On that day, I made low fat chocolate chip muffin. FYI, Lely loves chocolate. That’s one of my reasons to make chocolate chip muffin. Honestly, I do not really like muffin. It’s too big and so many calories in 1 muffin. But I had a craving for muffin on that day. So, I search the recipe that is low fat and healthy ingredients. After some adjustments, I made one. It’s so good. I gave some muffins to Lely. And she shared this to her friends. When I heard that, I was so embarrassed. I am not a pro at cooking yet! Nothing can be thrilled about yet. It turned out that her friends loved my muffins. They said it was not too sweet yet so tempting. I can’t stop eating it myself. Once you try, one is not enough. Then you want to take another one and another one J By the way, I bought the 24 pieces mini muffin tin. I like it that way. Regular size is too big for me. Mini is nice. It reminds me with a brownie bite. It looks like that. So, here’s the recipe!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin
(For 24 for mini servings)

Ingredients:
¾ cup all purpose flour 1 egg
1 ¾ cup quick cooking oats 4 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup skim milk 3 tbsp coffee (dissolved with 2 tbsp warm water)
¾ cup brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 tsp salt
6 tbsp apple sauce 2 tbsp vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease each cup of one 24-cup muffin tin
3. Stir egg, oil, apple sauce, brown sugar, and semi sweet chocolate chips in different bowl. Add oaks and milk mixtures, and then stir until it blend together.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt in one big bowl. Then add the oak mixture into the flour. Stir until just moist.
5. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes (12-muffin tin takes 5 minutes longer to bake).


No comments: