After my chocolate chip muffins are gone, I don’t what we have for dessert. I need to have something sweet after dinner. As I was wondering what would I made, I noticed I have plenty bread I haven’t used. So, I decided to make easy bread pudding. I love bread pudding. Last bread pudding I made was too eggy. So, this time I will use less egg than before.
Bread Pudding
(for 12 servings)
Ingredients:
6 slices bread (white or wheat)
2 tbs butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
Directions:
1. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan
2. In the small saucepan, mix milk, butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla powder together with low heat until the sugar is dissolved (no need to wait until boiling)
3. Turn off the heat then add beaten eggs into the mix. Keep stirring
4. Add bread to the mix then stir.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degree F . Spray the baking sheet with butter/margarine
6. Pour out the mix into the baking sheet and into the oven for 30-45 minutes (until the top springs back when lightly tapped)
7. Serve it either cold or warm (I love it warm though!). Serve it also with vanilla ice cream (or anything you want) at the top of the pudding.
No comments:
Post a Comment