
After throughing the month of November, finally I come up with decision. The best drama for the month of November goes to Yamada Taro Monogatari (jdrama).
This drama is starring Arashi members Ninomiya Kazunari and Sakurai Sho based on "Yamada Taro Monogatari" by mangaka Ai Morinaga. Ninomiya plays the title character, Taro Yamada, whose family lives in extreme poverty. But because of his looks, intelligence, and athleticism, others mistakenly believe that Taro comes from a prosperous family. In contrast, Sakurai plays Taro's best friend Takuya, who really is from a successful family and who often helps out Taro in various ways
This drama is so funny and touching. Maybe this is not a romatic drama, but has very good value. After watching this drama, I am interested to know more about the main actor Ninomiya Kazunari. I watched some of his movies too. He is really good in acting. Two thumbs up for this guy!
So, if you want funny family value drama, here is the one! Must watch one.
Ninomiya, kudos to you!
1 comment:
I watched this too :) It's very light ne, in a good way. Ninomiya Kazunari as Yamada Taro is convincing I think. Sakurai Sho as Takuya, on the other hand, is not that good. I don't know if that's what his character calls for, being extra cool and all that. I just don't think his acting chop's on par with Ninomiya. The female character (forgot her name) is a little annoying at times. And Taro's parents, they shouldn't have been parents at all! Sorry, can't help it.
After watching some of his series and Letters from Iwo Jima, I'm convinced that Kazunari Ninomiya is one of the best Japanese actors today. Being in the US, I think we know what first-rate acting is. It doesn't take a genius to see that the actors (male and female) in Brothers and Sisters, Grey's Anatomy or Ugly Betty are all brilliant. But I don't really see the same thing happening in J-dorama. I feel they're more focused on looks. One exception is Kazunari Ninomiya. I feel his acting chop is the standard I'm used to seeing here. One other great actor comes to mind is Yuya Yagira in the movie Nobody Knows.
I've rambled too much. Will stop now.
Post a Comment