Monday, November 19, 2007

FinNallY DeCided! Canon SD1000 here I come!

Last week, I felt so confused. I was thinking to buy a new camera. I had one before...ehm..not exactly mine actually. I got it from my sis. To be exact, my sister did not literally give it to me. It's for my whole family. But somehow, I am the one who takes care of it.

But, honestly speaking, I do not like my old camera. The picture is not bright and most importantly the battery is suck! It keeps giving me low battery sign even though I just charge it (Recently I just find out the life of battery for canon is only few years -- I had this camera since long time ago). Probably I could just buy a new battery. But I already do not like my camera. So, I decide to learn the detail of it by buying new camera.

Even though I felt clueless at the beginning, I began to learn how to choose the right camera. Thanks to Google, it gives me a lot of links to know about different kind of camera. I found this very interesting :) I think we should be thankful living in the country where internet connection is so fast. In my home country, Indonesia, internet connection is still slow.

Go back to my story. Finally I decide to choose Canon. Even though Canon's battery is not really good, but overall Canon is the best camera compared to others. Then, I narrow down my choices to Canon IXUS 850 IS or SD1000. In term of quality, I like SD850 better. It has image stabilizer and also better shape. SD850 IS also receives Gold from Readers’ Choice Award. The rating is 8.00/10.00. But the price is kind of expensive. The cheapest I got is $240 before tax plus shipping.

Canon SD 1000 is not bad either. Based on rating, this camera gets 7.8/10.00. Not far different than Canon IXUS 850. And the price is economical. After do a lot of thinking, finally I decided to buy Canon SD1000. Based on quality, the features are not much different than 850. Maybe it doesn’t have IS (Image Stabilizer) but it has face detector to help you to capture a picture. I think the price difference is not worth it for the rating difference. Overall, this is a good camera. It has 7.1 mega pixels; 3.00x zoom; face detector; and it’s also cheap!

Finally I bought my Canon SD 1000 around $176 in total last Friday. I am so happy. I can’t wait to use my new camera. Hurray!

No comments: